Collection of your Personal Information
In order to better provide you with products and services offered, Deb Cares 4 Iowa may collect personally identifiable information, such as your:
– First and Last Name
– Mailing Address
– E-mail Address
– Phone Number
We do not collect any personal information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. However, you may be required to provide certain personal information to us when you elect to use certain products or services. These may include: (a) submitting a Contact Us form; (b) sending us an email message; (e) submitting your credit card or other payment information when donating to the campaign via ActBlue. To wit, we will use your information for, but not limited to, communicating with you in relation to the campaign. We also may gather additional personal or non-personal information in the future.
Use of your Personal Information
Deb Cares 4 Iowa collects and uses your personal information to deliver information regarding the campaign and solicit donations and volunteer support.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
Deb Cares 4 Iowa does not sell, rent or lease its contact lists to third parties. Lists may be shared with other campaigns of a similar nature as Deb Cares 4 Iowa.
Deb Cares 4 Iowa may share data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis and send you email or postal mail. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to Deb Cares 4 Iowa, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
Deb Cares 4 Iowa may disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Deb Cares 4 Iowa or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Deb Cares 4 Iowa; and/or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Deb Cares 4 Iowa, or the public.
Automatically Collected Information
Information about your computer hardware and software may be automatically collected by Deb Cares 4 Iowa. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Deb Cares 4 Iowa website.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Security of your Personal Information
Deb Cares 4 Iowa secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Deb Cares 4 Iowa uses the following methods for this purpose:
– SSL Protocol
When personal information (such as contact information or a credit card number) is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol.
We strive to take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or alteration of your personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations inherent to the Internet which are beyond our control; and (b) security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this Site cannot be guaranteed.
Right to Deletion
Subject to certain exceptions set out below, on receipt of a verifiable request from you, we will:
• Delete your personal information from our records; and
• Direct any service providers to delete your personal information from their records.
Please note that we may not be able to comply with requests to delete your personal information if it is necessary to:
• Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between you and us;
• Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
• Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
• Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
• Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
• Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, provided we have obtained your informed consent;
• Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us;
• Comply with an existing legal obligation; or
• Otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
Children Under Thirteen
Deb Cares 4 Iowa does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this website.
From time to time, Deb Cares 4 Iowa may contact you via email for the purpose of providing announcements event invitations, surveys, and/or other general communication. In order to improve our Services, we may receive a notification when you open an email from Deb Cares 4 Iowa or click on a link therein.
If you would like to stop receiving marketing or promotional communications via email from Deb Cares 4 Iowa, you may opt out of such communications by Campaign email recipients may opt out of future emails by clicking on the UNSUBSCRIBE button included in the email..
Changes to this Statement
Deb Cares 4 Iowa welcomes your questions or comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that Deb Cares 4 Iowa has not adhered to this Statement, please contact Deb Cares 4 Iowa at:
Deb VanderGaast for Iowa Senate
PO Box 135
Tipton, Iowa 52772
Effective as of January 30, 2022